The future of our industry depends on our ability to train and educate today, for the needs of tomorrow.
Mitutoyo realises this and offers a wide range of training courses, all delivered by highly skilled engineers. Every course is based on many years’ experience in offering help, advice and education to the manufacturing industry in the field of dimensional metrology. Our commitment towards the raising of standards in measurement education starts from courses covering the fundamentals of precision measurement through to the most sophisticated of subject matter and product use/application. From Micrometers to CMMs there’s a course to suit your needs or if not, just ask, and we will design one to suit your specific demands.
Every training course is designed to equip trainees not only with theoretical knowledge but extensive 'hands on' practical experience gained from the availability of the most modern and comprehensive range of equipment to be seen in any educational establishment. Mitutoyo is justifiably proud of its extensive resources and experience in the field of metrological training. The main Institute of Metrology at Coventry houses built-in audio-visual facilities to complement the hands-on course content.
Courses are held at our four main training centres at Coventry, Andover, Halifax and East Kilbride. On-site training at Customers’ premises can also be arranged.
- Employees will gain skills that allow them to undertake a wider variety of work.
- Providing more training for your staff will result in a more effective and efficient workforce.
- Employees gain increased work satisfaction leading to higher staff retention.
- Enhancing in-house knowledge will improve your company’s ability to adopt and use advances in technology.
- Providing employee training enhances your company’s reputation and standing as a progressive and responsible employer.
- Realise your full potential by working to your maximum capability.
- New skills can lead to more responsibilities within your company and help further your career.
- You will become much more efficient in your role, leaving more time to develop further skills.
- Job satisfaction increases in line with knowledge and skill development.
How will I be assessed?
By written or practical assessment, as appropriate to the unit, at the end of training.
What are the entry requirements?
There is no prior knowledge required for the Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology, but this must be completed before undertaking any supplementary unit.
Where are the courses held?
Courses are held at our four main training centres at Coventry, Andover, Halifax and East Kilbride.
When can I do the course?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 353123 for details of course availability.
What does it cost?
The Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology unit cost is £425 and the cost of a supplementary unit ranges from £425 to £2,125. Contact email@example.com or call 01264 353123 for full details.
What is included?
The price of each unit includes full training, a training manual, all exam fees plus lunch and refreshments on each day.
Coordinate Measuring Machine Software Courses
- MCOSMOS GEOPAK CNC Advanced 2 days
- MCOSMOS GEOPAK MANUAL Advanced 2 days
- MCOSMOS SCANPAK 2 days
- MCOSMOS CAT 1000PS 2 days
- Additional/Specialist Courses TBC
- MCOSMOS Branch and Sub Routine 2 days
- Fundamental Principles of Dimensional Metrology 1 day
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing 2 days
- Contact Co-ordinate Measurement 4 or 5 days*
- Vision Measurement 3 days
- Form Measurement 1 or 2 days*
- Use of Small Dimensional Metrology Instruments 1 day
- Functional Calibration 2 days
- Service & Repair 1 day
Quick Scope and Quick Vision Courses
- Quick Vision Touch Probe 1 day
- Quick Vision Advanced 1 day
- Quick Vision and Quick Scope Operator 1 day